Sunday, November 25, 2007

A Christmas Song Story

In college I worked with several school friends at a Christmas shop in Boston's Faneuil Hall. The store has since closed, but memories of listening to Christmas tunes in the heat of summer remain.

Now, I'm the first to admit that listening to Silver Bells in August isn't always so appealing. But seeing as it's nearing December, I think it's time to add some classic carols to the iPod. Here are my picks. P.S. You can thank my mother for my excellent taste in holiday music.

John Denver and The Muppets: A Christmas Together
I love this album. Many of the songs are originals, and others are silly muppet variations on the classics.

A Carpenter's Christmas
Can you tell I'm a child of the early '80s? My mother wasn't a Carpenters fan in particular -- they were a little too whitebread for her, but she did love the Christmas album. And I love Karen Carpenter's voice.

A Charlie Brown Christmas
I listen to this year round -- the composition is gorgeous.

Chipmunk's Christmas

Did you hear they're making a Chipmunk's feature film? Isn't that a generation (or two) too late? Regardless, i still want a hula hoop...

No comments: