Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Gifting Lesson #1: Books

As we're nearing the holiday season, I thought I might share with you some tips on gift giving. I will say that although I am not always the bearer of the best gift, once in a while I do hit one out of the ball park. One of my favorite gifts to give is a book. I feel that they're the most specific pressies out there -- you can really pin down one's personality with literature. Some of my favorites for the holidays include:

Stylist: The Interpreters of Fashion
Sarah Mower
Mower's an American Vogue writer living in London and does a lot of work for the Telegraph as well -- she expertly reports the little-known world of stylists. It's a great coffee table book, too -- visually stunning.

Dior
Farid Chenoune

Celebrating the 60th Anniversary of the house of Christian Dior.

Transit Maps of the World
Mark Ovenden
My bf's pick -- for anyone who loves design and travelling, this is ideal.

Chuck Klosterman IV: A Decade of Curious People and Dangerous Ideas
Chuck Klosterman
Great pop culture critic. Actually, great writer in general.

Deluxe: How Luxury Lost Its Luster
By Dana Thomas
Great debate about the future of the luxury industry.

No comments: