Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Cultural Stimuli

Tonight, I'm attending a reading at Symphony Space of stories selected by Richard Prince, followed by a private viewing of his exhibit at the Guggenheim. (My terribly cultured friend Emme invited me as a Christmas present -- how lovely!)

I was also invited to, but had to pass up for obvious reasons, a meeting of the Secret Science Club at Union Hall in Brooklyn. Tonight, they're discussing dark matter with Princeton astrophysicist David Spergel.

I love checking out these lectures and other cultural events, but sometimes I feel as though I don't take enough advantage of the fact that I live in a city where it's all so accessible. I think I've finally settled on a New Year's resolution: get out to the museum, theatre and lecture space more than ever.

No comments: