Monday, January 7, 2008

Registering For Your...self.


I made a fancy dinner on Saturday night, and although quite delicious, it lacked a coherent table setting. I like the idea of vintage mix and match dishes but right now, mine look more like they're from the 99 cent store than Two Jakes. That's why I'm considering registering for Crate and Barrel's Classic Century dinner service. I've loved it for years, and I figure family and friends can buy me a piece here and there for birthdays and holidays. Or, my Grams can buy it in one swoop. Wink.


If you're weirded out by "registering" on a Web site like expectant mothers and engaged people do, there are now web applications like The Things I Want. With these, your family and friends can check out what's on your wish list, and then buy it.

I can't bring myself to sign up for one of these personal wish lists. For some reason, it makes me feel, well, for lack of a better word, icky. Would you create a personal wish list and send it to your friends?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

No, it would make me feel vulnerable.