Monday, August 27, 2007

I'll Take A Manhattan

I'm looking forward to September for many aforementioned reasons: cooler weather, clever clothing and of course, the autumn party season.

I'm also excited to have a hot toddy at the National Arts Club in Grammercy Park, which reopens from summer holiday September 5. Although its much like an old gentleman's club in ambiance, the NAC has been open to women since its incarnation.

I receive dining and bar privileges at the NAC because of my membership to the Newswomens Club of New York, which is also located in the historic Tilden Mansion. And lucky I am -- membership to the NAC is over 2 grand per year -- a bit beyond my limited budget.

Although you must be a member to dine at the club, many of their year-round talks and events are open to the public.

No comments: