Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Happy Halloween?

Sure, I like to play dress up. But not on Halloween.

Why am I so down on this silliest of holidays? Pure vanity. I don't like making myself look unattractive, so there goes anything shapeless, bloody or covered in guts. I also don't like looking slutty, so no naughty nurses or dirty devils don't work for me (although I might consider sexy secretary). Further more, I don't enjoy slathering too much makeup on my face, particularly the kind that is non-comedeogenic --- say goodbye to vampy.

But. BUT.

If I had to dress up, there is one costume I wouldn't mind trying on for size.

Bonnie Parker, from the 1967 film Bonnie and Clyde starring Faye Dunaway and Warren Beatty. I already try to channel Dunaway in my everyday digs, why not step it up a level and really go all out -- wig and all. It might not be the most original, but to me, it sure is the most stylish. And again -- I want to emulate the fictional version of Parker, not the real one.

My boyfriend as Warren Beatty? Hmm....

No comments: